Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Martyrs
After we went to the San Diego Zoo we stopped off at Oceanside. It was cold, but my kids are die hards when it comes to sand and surf!

As you can see, there was a pretty darn thick fog rolling around while the two youngest played in the water and the rest of our group gathered shells for our project.

Then we got to work!

It's our tradition to make a sand sea turtle and decorate his shell with ...um... shells.This year our turtle had a kazoo.Rock on dude. Rock on.

13 comments:

Yvonne said...

I love the ocean, and it doesn't matter what the temperature is outside I JUST LOVE IT!!!

What a fun tradition.

Kristina P. said...

Oh, how I miss the beach.

Alysa@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Cool turtle. I'll have to remember that one next time we are at the beach -- hopefully sooner than later. You are so creative.

Ally said...

I love the pictures. :-)

The turtle is so cute.

It looks fun, but when you mentioned the word cold, I kinda checked out mentally.

Pezlady Jana said...

Fabulous pictures!! And I love the sand turtle-that is so cool!!

i said...

wow...soooo fancy. i luv it!

flip flop mama said...

Awesome turtle!

wynne said...

I love makin' stuff in the sand. Been awhile...

Nancy Face said...

I've always liked kazoo-playing turtles best! ;)

Your kids are brave with cold water! I am a wuss.

Bonnie the Boss said...

I love kazoo playing turtles! Your pics are great! You ought to print them in black and white and hang them up!

... said...

the fogginess adds to the pictures. i love them - and the kazoo playing turtle =)

Adena and Greg said...

looks like so much fun. The pics are awesome, especially the one of Little Bug's sillouette (sp?) walking through the water. Just beautiful!

Jean Knee said...

I love that sand sea turtle! we only make sand castles, maybe we'll try a turtle next year