Didn't Make It
I tried. Really I did. I wanted to clean till noon today. I made it to 10:00. Rats. I just started feeling a tad on the woozy side. And decided not to push it. So, I'm resting and hoping to get the other 2 hours in this afternoon... oh well. I'm going to do a little holiday getting to know you thing right now... I guess it's a meme, but I got it in an email from a friend and thought it would be fun to post. I've added to it and changed it a bit...
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. Who ever heard of having a gift bag fight when you're done opening your gifts??
2. Real tree or artificial? I love real trees! LOVE THEM. But last year it just about killed us... it's too warm here and the tree released pollen like crazy in the house... we just might get an artificial one and this breaks my heart! Anyone know of a candle that smells like a Christmas tree??
3. When do you put up the tree? As soon as possible after Thanksgiving... we are looking at artificial trees tonight and if we find one it will go up when we get home!
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually right after Christmas because the real trees are pretty brittle after 4 weeks :(
5. Which do you prefer: eggnog, spiced cider, or hot cocoa? Normally I would say hot cocoa, but we had a spiced cranberry cider stuff the other night that was DIVINE!!!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmmm... my birthday is right before Christmas... I'm trying to remember which gifts were Christmas and which were birthday... I got a camera one year and had so much fun with that thing! Took pictures of everything I could find!
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yep
8. Hardest person to buy for? Parents - both mine and hubby's
9. Easiest person to buy for? My kids! I love to find things that they will love :D
10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? Can't think of anything....
11. Mail or email Christmas card? Um... yeah... I don't usually send out cards... um... cause I'm lame and stuff... :S
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf - hands down!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I buy things all year long. I have a box I put them in and then I either pull it out for Christmas or birthdays
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not yet
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Hmmm... that's a tough one... I love candy canes. I know that's really simple, but I love the mint flavor so much!!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Usually clear... I want the color to come from the ornaments...
17. Favorite Christmas song? Yikes... um... to listen to: God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen by BNL and Sarah McLachlan. To sing myself: Silent Night
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We used to travel, but now I really enjoy our Christmas time spent at home. And the kids seem to like it too.
19. Can you name Santa's reindeer? Yep - Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Doner (or Donder), Blizten and Rudolph
20. Do you have an Angel on top or a star? Star - rustic, very country looking star...
Now it's your turn! I'm not gonna tag anyone specific, but if you feel the need, play along! Let me know if you do :)