Friday, June 27, 2008

Travel-Log
I'M HOME!! First off, I need to apologize to all the Utahan's that I didn't stop to see along the way. This was such a rushed trip... I promise that the next time we head through, I won't fly by without stopping! And now, without further ado, here is my trip in shorthand! (I'll do longer posts about some of the things later in the week... I know you can't wait!)

Thursday: Drove to Saint George
Friday: Drove to Idaho Falls
Saturday: Went garage sale shopping with my Mom, Sister and Niece... went home, made cinnamon rolls, went to the picnic with my kids, visited with high school friends, my family came and took my kids to the zoo, I went out for ice cream. All in all, a great day.
Sunday: Church with parents, lots of visiting old friends, all the family comes over for dinner that night. My Brothers stay till midnight visiting - another great day.
Monday: After some slight miscommunication, the kids and I meet up with friends for a hike, then we head to a ski resort for a picnic and the kids climb the hills, we stop for ice cream on the way to the lake and then spend the rest of the afternoon swimming. That night we visit Grandma and have a great visit with her. Great day #3.
Tuesday: Send Red and Baby Girl out the door with Pop Pop (my Dad) for a morning of 4-wheeling (Little Bug HATES the 4-wheeler) and one of my Brothers comes over to play with Bug, I go out to lunch with girlfriends, then dash home and get everyone ready for swimming at Heise Hot Springs. Lots of swimming, splashing and water sliding occur. That night my cousin and his fiance come over and we get to visit. Another fantastic day.
Wednesday: Loaded up and went to the in-law's for the day. I helped paint in the living room and the kids played and played and played outside with cousins. Went to dinner at my Sister-In-Law's house and we played and visited some more. Fantastic day #5.
Thursday: Load up the car. Load up the crying kids. Load up crying self. Start to drive. Stop an hour into the drive for potty break. Stop an hour later to get horribly expensive gas and food for lunch. Stop a few hours later for another potty break. Little Bug gets car sick. Stop at the scene of an accident to help a woman who rolled her car. Decide to switch phone companies when I get the message "We're sorry, you can not reach this number at this time" after I dialed 911 to get help. Faith in humanity was restored as I watch car after car stop to help (yes, I left the kids in the car while I helped... I had no idea what we might see down there... and yes, the woman was okay - she got up and got out of her car and walked around...). Cried just a bit as my children told me they prayed for this stranger. Arrived in Saint George. Threw everyone into swim suits and went and swam while watching the stars come out. Not the greatest day, but we survived.
Friday - Today: Got up. Threw food at kids. Threw kids in car. Drove like mad to get home. Made it safe and sound!
Like I said, I'll have more detailed info on different aspects of the trip as the week goes on. I'm going to read a few blogs, but there are 300+ posts right now. So, I may have to hit "mark all as read" and start from that point.... sorry! Hope you're all doing well and having a wonderful weekend!

11 comments:

Yvonne said...

Glad you made it home safe and sound.

That just sounds like a wonderful trip. It's always so great to spend time with family and friends. You sure did a lot. I'm so glad you had a wonderful time.

You are such a wonderful person--it was so sweet to hear your kids say they had prayed for this stranger. (You have taught them well)

Tonya said...

Wow, that was a whirlwind trip. You need a vacation from you vacation. Sounds just wonderful.

I'm glad the gal that rolled her car was okay and that you are home safe and sound.

... said...

glad you're home safe and sound. bet it cost a small fortune buying gas along the way. and how scary to see the aftermath of that accident. that would have shooken me up.

if you're like me, you now have loads of laundry... again =)

flip flop mama said...

Glad you made it home! I'm glad that lady is okay...

i said...

Welcome home. Have missed you. I wouldn't bother catching up...Just carry on!

Ally said...

So eventful!

Glad you made it safe and sound, and seemed to have some good moments.

I wouldn't doubt that you'd be the first out and trying to help someone in need. You're a wonderful person.

And though I'm so sad not to have met you while you were passing by (whizzing by?), we'll just have to plan for another time.

Good luck winding down! :)

Randi said...

Yea! Glad you're back! And I love that you stopped to help. Sometimes that kind of thing really scares me. I pass out at the sight of blood. Really.

Tammy and Parker said...

Wait.

You were HERE and didn't stop by.

Ahem.

Mandy Abbott said...

I'm really jealous you got to go see all your family! I've been missing home a bit. My parents come this weekend, so I'm really excited for that! I'm glad you had a great trip!

Bonnie the Boss said...

How sweet of your kids to pray for the lady. Good for you mom.

Nancy Face said...

What a fantastic trip! :D

I'm so glad you could help the lady who had the accident, and that your children prayed for her. :)