Thursday, September 25, 2008

Random... again
These random posts are easier for me. Usually I have lots of crazy thoughts in my head, but there's not really enough there to pull together a full blog post... and so, random is the word of the day.
  • The Office starts again tonight! I love this show so much that my cell phone ring tone is the theme song...


  • Baby Girl is in a cooking class for kids. The first week the teachers burned the sugar cookies. The next week they burned the pizzas. This week? They didn't cook the french toast sticks long enough so they were eggy in the middle - so gross! I REALLY hope she isn't learning anything from this class... because if she is? She's gonna be a terrible cook...
  • Hubby has been out of town this week. I hate it when he's not here. I don't sleep. The kids are crazy. Overall, the normal chaos multiplies and replenishes my home. He came back this afternoon. Praise be! The chaos will now return to more manageable levels. I think I'll celebrate by taking a nap!
  • We're trying to plan our trip to Disneyland. Has anyone ever been there during all their Halloween celebrations? Is it still fun Disney stuff or do they make it really creepy? Little Bug is not a creepy Halloween fan. I don't want him to be miserable, but if it's just fun things, I think he'd be okay...
  • Red is doing so well with his piano lessons.... in fact, he's doing so well that he doesn't want to take lessons any more. Sigh. I'm so tired of fighting with him to practice... any suggestions on how to get him excited about playing?
  • My witch kitchen jars are coming along nicely. I still have jars to fill... any more suggestions? I'll take pictures and post them when it's finished.
  • We're still doing preschool here at home. As part of our ocean theme for this last month, we made these charm bracelets. Next month we're going to talk about bugs... something that Baby Girl is really excited about.

Okay, well, I think that's it for the randomness for today. I'm sure I'll come up with more useless bits of information for another post soon...

8 comments:

Christy said...

I loved the idea of the Office ringtone and got my hubby to download it for my phone too! So fun!!!! It makes me smile every time I hear it! CAN'T WAIT for tonight!

We love Disneyland in October - except avoid the time around conference weekend - Anaheim has an annual "gay pride" convention and all the attendees will flood Disney during their conference! My kids like the Haunted Mansion when it's decorated for Halloween/Christmas with the Nightmare before Christmas... they don't like the original version... too creepy for them. Most of the Halloween stuff is very disneyish and quite tame if I recall correctly!

wynne said...

Are they going to refund any money paid for the cooking class?

wynne said...

I've been giving the witch's kitchen more thought. I'll email you--if not tonight, then tomorrow!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Can Red's practicing equate to Disneyland fun somehow?

Chick, we are having the shortest primary presidency meeting in history tonight so I can get home in time to watch The Office - so excited!

Diana said...

i like your random posts =)

oh, how i remember the dreaded practicing the piano. i hated it too. and it ended up being the end of my piano career. sorry... no advice here.

Anonymous said...

I hope you're not paying for this class! hee hee

Kristina P. said...

Melissa, I've seen you posting on Seriously, So Blessed, and decided that I would pop on over today! I like your little Gerber Daisy picture.

Oh, and I've never seen The Office. In fact, I posted about it today, asking for reasons why I should rent all the seasons and start watching.

It seems like everyone I know LOVES it, and I feel like I'm not part of the cool kids club.

Anyway, cute blog.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Random is good. My ring tone is the theme song from Doctor Who...