Thursday, September 03, 2009

And Off We Go!
The first day of school was on Monday and I had some pretty mixed emotions. On one hand, I have 3 hours every day to run errands without having to look at the toys or fish or listen to a child whine about getting a treat. It's been nice! On Wednesday I went to Wal-Mart, Target, Lowes, and Kohl's all before 10:00! It makes me smile just to think about it.
On the other hand, my baby is now in school. Which means that I'm not a mom of "little" kids any more. For the last 10 1/2 years that is how I've identified myself. A mom with small children. But that's just not the case any more. No more babies. No more toddlers. Not a pre-schooler to be seen. All of my kids are "school age". With one child hovering in the "pre-teen" arena. And honestly? It makes me feel a little old ;)
Anyway, I thought I'd share a few pics from the first day of school...
Red wasn't very cooperative. He almost begged me not to take a picture of him at school. Normally I would have laughed and then taken his picture anyway, but he was a little nervous. So, I pretended to be a good mom and honored his request. He did let me take a few shots at home...
Little Bug isn't a fan or pictures either....
Baby Girl was super excited for her first day! She let me take lots of pictures...
She ran off to play without even saying goodbye...
Everyone had a great day and was excited to go back again the next day. And me? Well, I'm still adjusting. I'm sure I'll get used to the whole thing eventually. Maybe. I hope....

11 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I think that girls are always more excited.

Yvonne said...

Baby Girl looks so cute--I LOVE HER HAIR.

I hope everyone (including mom) has a great year.

And I'm STILL a mom of "little kids" ; )

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I wish I was going back to school...I miss those days!

flip flop mama said...

Yay for free time though! It is kind of bittersweet.

Adena and Greg said...

Her hair is so cute! I'm not suprised that she just jumped right in.

We'll have to plan a visit sometime soon. I'll still have my kids, but maybe we could go thrift store shopping or something. I need new furniture for our new house...

i said...

So cute. It's hard when they just run off, but it means you've done her well. Good luck mommy. Your shopping trips doooo sound like a nice consolation prize though. :)

Nancy Face said...

Cute pictures! Red looks just a bit different than he did last week! ;)

I LOVE having free time during the school day...makes it SOOO worth being old! ;)

Tonya said...

Awww school days. My son did the same thing on his first day. She looks so happy and I love the haircut.

We start on Tuesday.

kailani said...

I know how you feel. Baby Bug started school this year, too. I miss her but I also love having quiet me time.

Ally said...

Great pictures! :-)

Hope they all have a good year. And I'm sure you'll be just fine. ;-)

... said...

what is it about boys not wanting their pictures taken but girls usually love it. lol. are we really that vain? you got some good ones anyways.

so what are you doing with your free time now? blogging? farmville? =)