Okay... so I got tired of calling these random posts "randomly random". I needed something new... I think Sporadic Speculation works... don't you?
- Red's arm is now casted. The orthopedic surgeon would like to x-ray it again next week to see how it's healing. The break is right near the wrist and he's a little concerned about the way it might heal. Last night we saw some friends in Costco and they asked how long Red had stayed in the hospital.... uh, come again? Apparently everyone thought that since Red had seen an orthopedic surgeon that he must have had surgery? Or something like that... hopefully we'll get that set straight... but he is doing great! He went to school today and you should have seen the little crowd that gathered around to make sure he was okay... mostly girls! :)
- Speaking of girls.... do retailers know that not EVERY little girl in the world is in love with Hannah Montana or High School Musical? Baby Girl's birthday is next Friday and I wanted to get her a few shirts... I really had to search to find something that didn't have good ol' Miley Cyrus or Zac Efron plastered to it! I did finally find a few things for our birthday girl.
- Speaking of birthdays....My parents will be here in 3 weeks to help us celebrate our other October birthday - Little Bug. The time is here... he will be 8 years old in 3 weeks. I think I'm coming to terms with the fact that he won't be baptized and probably won't start Scouts... it will be nice to have my parents here! We'll do some fun things and focus on what a great kid Little Bug is!
- Speaking of happier things... Baby Girl has decided to be Fancy Nancy for Halloween! For those of you who are unfamiliar with this Character, Fancy Nancy loves all fancy things! She uses fancy words and then explains what they mean. She loves to dress up and she always looks very "posh" (that's a fancy word for fancy). I'm not sure who's having more fun with this - Baby Girl or me?! I've been buying fun things that will be for her costume, but I'm going to give them to her for her birthday. We're going to curl her hair and put on some fun jewelry and sparkle shoes... I know that most people won't have a clue who she is, but that's not really the important thing, right?
- Speaking of Fancy Nancy... In conjunction with the Baby Girl birthday... I am thinking of baking a Fancy Nancy cake... any ideas?
- Speaking of baking...Baby Girl has her last cooking class today. Let's hope nothing gets burned today... last week, it didn't get burned. We did french toast sticks. We didn't get the sticks back that we had made. We got the kid who soaked his stuff in the egg mixture so long that they didn't cook all the way through. Yeah. We are glad to be done with this class...
I think that's about it for my randomness for today. Thanks again to everyone who gave sweet thoughts and encouragement the last few days! I really appreciate it!