Friday, November 20, 2009

To Whom it May Concern...

Dear Lady at Wal-Mart who can't count,
Everything you did made me want to smack you. First of all you had probably 30-40 items in the 20 items or less express lane. Then, as the cashier started to ring up your items, you decided to go and grab a box of tea "real quick". So, you kind of jogged away, got your stuff, came back, patted me on the shoulder and said, "See - that wasn't so bad now was it?" The polite thing for me to do would have been to smile, brush it off and move on with my life. But I just couldn't. I was in a hurry, running late and you were being a twit. Then, to top it all off, you didn't look before you backed your car out of your parking spot. You almost ran me over. Missed by about 3-4 inches. Yep. I really, really wanted to smack you!
Signed,
Annoyed

Dear 10 Year Old Boys,
I'm glad that you enjoy your imaginative play. But you are loud. Too loud. And when I tell you to quiet down, I don't mean for you to be quiet for 5 seconds. I mean that the volume of your voice needs to stay down at all times. And if you don't understand what I mean by the term "at all times", I would be happy to explain it to you.
From,
A mom with two other kids who are already in bed asleep

Dear Parent of visiting 10 year old Boy,
When you called and asked if your son could come and stay on Friday night and Saturday, I assumed you meant Friday night and Saturday during the day. Silly me. Apparently you meant Friday night, all day Saturday, Saturday night and Sunday morning. When I asked you what time you were going to come and pick your boy up and you stared at me like I was speaking in a foreign language... I am concerned. Very, very concerned.
Sincerely,
A mom who is wondering if she now has another child living with her forever

Dear Twilight Fans,
I can appreciate the fact that you like the books and the movies. What I don't appreciate is the glares and obnoxious comments when I explain that I'm not a fan. Can't we agree to disagree on this one?
Respectfully yours,
Tired of Twilight

Dear People who are Sick,
STAY HOME!
Wishing You All the Best,
Someone who doesn't want to get sick again

Dear Blog Readers,
I'm sorry this post is kind of whiny. I'm a bit tired. I'm very overwhelmed and I promise not to write again till I'm in a good mood.
Love Always,
Melissa

19 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I have learned that when someone asks if I like Twilight to just reply, "It's not my thing." Any more will get me in trouble.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I love posts like this (though don't love that you're sufferin' o'course), because it's nice to know I'm not the only one who just wants to give the whole world a big ole smack some days.

And so, so with you on the Twilight thing. I know people who are more passionate and defensive about it than they are about their religion!

Yvonne said...

Love the post, Melissa. Some people are just plain rude. I'd like to write one of those to the people who get in line at Subway and can't make up their mind and want to know "what kind of sauces do you have". Shouldn't you have figured all that out before you got in line.

Regaridng Twilight--I enjoy, and have lots of friends who don't like it at all. We're still friends ; )

Anonymous said...

"this too shall pass......." 'other child' will probably go home, lady in Wal-Mart will never be there the same day as you again, noisy children grow up and move away, Twightlight will turn in to some other obsession, BUT sick people will NEVER learn to stay home!!!!!! LOL :o)

sariqd said...

Funny! I like doing the "letters" to random people that have crossed my path. I wished though, that they would actually RECEIVE them sometimes to get a clue! Ah well.

Tonya said...

Dear Melissa,

You are completely adorable even when you think you are being whiney. I hope you have a great Saturday.

Love,

Tonya

Nancy Face said...

Before I get in the express lane at WalMart I count the items in my cart to make sure I'm within the limit! Awww...aren't you proud of me? :D

If some foolish mother abandoned her kid at my house like that, I'd pretty much be tempted to beat her up and stuff! :D

Shannan said...

Do you think you could watch my little girl for an undetermined amount of time? Did I mention she has snot running down her face? She also likes to run around screaming, "I love Edward!!!!" That won't be so bad, will it!

Shannan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannan said...

Sorry! The above was me. It just posted my last comment twice! Yeah, it was that good. :)

... said...

funny... i thought you were a fan of twilight. my mistake. i can understand where you're coming from tho. it happens with other things besides twilight. let's let those who like it, like it and those who don't, don't.

the whole thing with a kid spending extra time there because the mom is taking advantage of you and your generosity has happened to me, too. you wonder where people learned to be so inconsiderate.

some time has passed since you wrote this post. hope you're in a better mood =)

Ally said...

Hahahahahaha! :-D

Whine away, girl! I am totally with you on every one of those items. I especially wish sick people would stay home too!!

Hope you're having better days now, but I'm glad you wrote this so that I can feel like I'm not alone in the things I'm going through.

Cheers! ;-)

The Accidental Mommy said...

Ha- sadly, I have to agree with you on all of it. Sad because I have experienced all of it!

Hi, found you blogroll- clicking, don't remember where.

i said...

phew! i bet you feel better! i'm glad you gave them all a piece of your mind. espcially the freeloader mother. what the!?!? that's crazy!

kailani said...

I can't believe that lady at Walmart said that! That sounded so condescending! How rude!

Jean Knee said...

I hate that lady at Walmart. She always gets in front of me too.

Bonnie the Boss said...

AMEN to all of the above!!! I couldn't agree more!

Anonymous said...

Aren't you in a good mood yet???? :o)

Anonymous said...

I am new and very ignorant to this FOREX but it interests me. What can you tell me about it?
[url=http://forexrobot-review.info]best forex software[/url] [url=http://lokisgames.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=327]unlock iphone[/url]