Write a totally random blog post... of course!
- Little Bug got up around 3:45. Hubby got up with him. Apparently he wanted breakfast and a potty break. Go figure. I don't think he's fallen back asleep yet... but I sent Hubby back to bed seeing as how I can't sleep anyway...
- Why can't I sleep? Well, exactly one half of my nose is plugged up. It's so plugged that I cannot even blow my nose and it keeps randomly running down my face... while I sleep. Can I get an EWWW?? Thank you.
- I am not done making Halloween costumes. Slacker Mom of the Year. Baby Girl's costume isn't even started. Luckily - she's flexible. She dug into the dress-up box and went to school as a clown yesterday and tonight she's going to be a princess. Not the fairy princess that she wanted, but no one ever really gets what they want, right? Well, unless you're Red. Then you get your Jedi costume - no matter what. I've been promising to make him one for 2 years... this year he's holding me to it.
- And speaking of making things... I'm using a Simplicity pattern for this costume. May I just get something off my chest here.... THERE IS NOTHING SIMPLE ABOUT A SIMPLICITY PATTERN! There. I feel better. I measured Red and bought the pattern that SHOULD have worked. The Jedi robe fits my husband... since it was a one size fits all type thing... and the tunic fits me. I wonder what the models look like that they base their sizing off of??
- We had a ghoulish dinner last night and then watched old episodes of "The Addams Family" on Netflix. I'll try to do a Halloween post with costumes and food stuff later... maybe tomorrow.... or next week... or... um... sometime.
- I get to host book club at my house in a few weeks. We're reading "The Hunger Games" and may I just say how much I love that book? Have you read it? If not, I highly recommend it! If you have read it, would you like to help me brainstorm a bit? Can you think of any discussion questions? I have a thought of few already ... but I'd like to hear from you guys :)
Welp. I'm gonna see if my brain will let me go back to bed for awhile. Happy Halloween!!